Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: If there are multiple versions of a cd in the database and

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Cenobite (Steve A.)

Subject: If there are multiple versions of a cd in the database and
Date Posted: 10/31/2006 5:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
you only have one version on your wishlist and one of the other versions is listed, what happens?

For example Pink Floyd's The Wall. Their are 5 different versions listed. Do you get the cd or not? With only 10 spots on the wishlist it makes it kind of hard to cover more than a few cd's if you have to have the specific version wishlisted to get it.

Also, are their any plans to expand the wishlist to more than 10? I sure hope so. I hate feeling like I'm possibly missing out on cd's because I can't fit all the stuff I really really want on my WL. I understand that it makes it easier for people who don't have a ton of credits to get a chance to get cd's too but I still wish it was more than 10.

Last Edited on: 10/31/06 5:16 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 10/31/2006 5:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Unless the version posted is on someone else's wishlist, you should get an email saying that a similar version has been posted. It would only be informational - the cd would not be held for you.
I couldn't find anything in the Help Center to verify it, but for what it's worth, that's my understanding.
Many of us are hoping that, as the site grows and more cd's are posted, our wishlists can be expanded to 20-25 cd's.

eta: Just found it in the Help Center:

Posting CDs

I have a CD on the Club wish list. Can I contact the wisher?

There is no way in which you can contact the wishing member directly.
If the UPC on the Wished-for item matches the UPC on your CD,
it will be offered to the first wishing member in line automatically.
The email notifies them that there is a similar CD available for order.
We do not allow members to contact Wish List members directly as
they would be overwhelmed with offers of multiple versions.
Also, often it is the case that the member has placed on her Wish List
the only version she is interested in.

Last Edited on: 10/31/06 5:24 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
coolweather (Marie B.)

Date Posted: 10/31/2006 5:47 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I went in and added about 5 versions of The Wall to my want list. It just took a few days to have someone post one of those versions. Now I'm going back to drop the excess Wall and add back what I had to drop for those days. Depending on how badly you want this cd you may want to try it.
Marie
Cenobite (Steve A.)

Date Posted: 11/2/2006 4:20 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks for your info Anna and Marie, both were helpful in anwsering my question and deciding how to proceed. I greatly appreciate it. I figured there was something in the help center but could not locate it. Great idea Marie, I'm gonna try it.

cool
Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 11/2/2006 5:17 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Just as an aside - I quite enjoyed "Rebuild the Wall", a country version of "The Wall" done by Luther Wright and the Wrongs.
coolweather (Marie B.)

Date Posted: 11/6/2006 7:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like it could be a Christmas present.