Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: If a CD is Broken During Mailing

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Breninithaca (Bren H.)

Subject: If a CD is Broken During Mailing
Date Posted: 10/12/2006 10:21 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
If a CD is broken during mailing, I know the requester gets their credit back, but does the sender lose their credit? I just sent out 2 brand new CDs (still in shrink wrap, even) and if something happends to them in the mail, I am going to be really peeved if I lose my credit.
twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 10/12/2006 12:00 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
you don't lose a credit, you just lose the cd. you can only get the credit if the cd arrives safely.
coolweather (Marie B.)

Date Posted: 10/12/2006 2:16 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
So Toni you are saying that the seller loses a credit. If you don't receive the sellers credit unless it arrives safely, then it is lost.
I'm not complaining just clarifying.
twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 10/12/2006 7:16 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
geez Marie now I'm really confused!! LOL!!! Here's what I think happens during a swap: A sends B a CD. One credit is spent by B. CD arrives broken. B gets credit back. A is just s**t outa luck and does not get a credit for that CD (and also has one less CD in their tower). In some circumstances A still gets a credit.

Does this sound right?

Peace, Love, Happiness and MUSIC!!!

Toni
Natch (Joe V.)

Date Posted: 10/12/2006 10:08 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I can't speak from experience because none of the CDs I've shipped have been damaged, but I'll bet if the CD is marked as "received, but damaged by the USPS" the sending member would still receive his/her credit for sending the CD. My guess is the SwapaCD team ends up eating the credit they refund to the member that received the damaged CD.

This is just a guess, but judging from the way this site operates I don't think that someone would be SOL when the USPS did the damage!
coolweather (Marie B.)

Date Posted: 10/13/2006 2:58 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Sounds right to me Tom and Toni. :)
demanda (Demanda W.)

Date Posted: 10/13/2006 2:38 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Both of the CDs I have sent using the SaCD wrapper were broken during shipment, hence why I am not shipping via that method any longer.

But here's what happened with the credit situation: both requesters marked their damaged CDs as "received, but damaged by the USPS." I still got my credit, and they got theirs back.

Also, one person that I requested a CD from sent me the wrong disc. I got my credit back, and she sent me the correct CD.