Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Question about the back insert??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
mommyof2girls (April W.)

Subject: Question about the back insert??
Date Posted: 10/10/2006 9:07 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I have a question about clicking the "I have the back insert" button when you post a CD. I have almost all of the back inserts for my CD's. BUT...they are cut down. I cut the edges to make the paper fit in my CD case. You can still see all the names of the songs. I haven't been clicking that button because the paper is cut down and doesn't have the little side paper that would show what the CD is if it were put in a case. Is that what most people want the back insert for??
iamthed (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 10/10/2006 9:14 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Personally, I would be very angry if I ordered a CD with full artwork and the back insert had been altered as you have, as I like to have the full artwork and the spine label. But that's my opinion.
mommyof2girls (April W.)

Date Posted: 10/10/2006 9:21 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
That's what I figured Alex...that's why I haven't been saying I have it. Thanks for the input...
demanda (Demanda W.)

Date Posted: 10/10/2006 9:26 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I only use the back insert to see the names of the songs and the order they are in. I am not sure how many other people would be "very angry" if the spine part was cut off. Personally, I would probably post that I have the back insert (you technically do) then PM the person once they request a CD and make sure it's okay. I think, odds are, that most people wouldn't care.
coolweather (Marie B.)

Date Posted: 10/10/2006 11:37 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I'm like Alex. I would be upset to see the back insert checked and then get a PM saying that it wasn't all there. The spine is very important to my husband. IMHO people who want the back insert want the spine.

Last Edited on: 10/10/06 11:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 10/12/2006 9:11 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I would be miffed.

I want the back insert for the song list while playing the CD, or debating playing it.

But I store my CDs in a CD rack, and I can only see the spine. So not having the spine makes them very hard to find!
mommyof2girls (April W.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2006 10:32 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
Thanks for all of the advice guys. I think I'll just continue to NOT mark that I have it and then send it along just in case someone can use it.
Classicana (Anna B.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2006 11:18 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑
I store my cd's in a rack also, so I want the spine. I would think that the way you are doing it would tend to make the requestor feel like they got a little bonus rather than having someone expect the full insert and be disappointed. I know that sending a pm doesn't take long, but if you've trimmed most or all of your inserts, it could get time-consuming.