Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: blocking or filtering users?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
alfie (Alfie M.)

Subject: blocking or filtering users?
Date Posted: 7/24/2024 12:24 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

hey all, i'm wondering if there's a way to remove the collections of certain users from my search results so i don't request from them. i find i need to go through a kind of convoluted process of half ordering the cd then checking what else they have available to guess if it is this same user.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 7/24/2024 8:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Alfie -- I have been trading here for quite a long time, but I don't know any formal/automated way to do this.  You might put it to the Team -- go to Help Center > Contact Us.  My experience (for what it's worth) is that they are very responsive.

Happy ( or HappiER) trading,

ICB

markg731 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 7/25/2024 9:29 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I know of no way to exclude certain members from a search. I keep a list of those I prefer not to trade with. If you're trying to figure out the member's name for a CD you just ordered, Check on the CDs I've Requested tab, click the PM button of the ordered CD to open a personal message screen. Here, you can see the member's name. 

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 7/28/2024 9:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't think you need to guess who the member is based on other titles on their shelf.  After clicking on "order more from member", the first line on the page below the header block is "Order Multiple CDs from [member name].".