Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Unable to set up public profile + a few questions

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
iridesce (Madeleine P.)

Subject: Unable to set up public profile + a few questions
Date Posted: 5/29/2024 9:07 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Every time I try I get this error:

"We are sorry, but this page is currently unavailable. We have been automatically notified that you were not able to reach the page and will be working quickly to make the page available."

Also, is there a way to leave a note to users I request a CD from? I put some of the CDs on my wishlist as disc only if they seemed to be rarely posted or in demand to increase my chances of receiving them, but I would like to ask them if they would mind sending the inserts if they happen to have them.

Also, I would enjoy decorating the packages with stickers. Will this make them ineligible for media mail?

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 5/30/2024 9:48 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Re: profile set up.  Are you updating from My Account and then the Settings tab?

I'm not sure what would be happening.  You might clear your cache, that's sometimes required.

Re: messaging senders.  Look for a small box callled PM.  Use that for correspondence.  You can also get there by clicking on the members user name.

Re: stickers and such.  If you are mailing a parcel (CD with a case) the weight is up to one pound.  Stickers and decoration are fine.  Just don't cover the words "media mail" or addresses.  

However, if you are mailing without a case I recommend do NOT decorate.  When mailing without a case your non-machinable letter (must be less than 1/4" thick) can be a challenge for postal workers.  When printing this mailer from SWAP you will see the words "Non-Machinable."  This is the key to keeping the mailer out of the sorting machines.  Sorting machines break CD's.  I typically write non-machinable in sharpie on the back of the mailer also.  Decorations destract from this.  Plus the weight limit is only 2 ounces here.